Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Parent Survey Results Winter 2013

During last weeks Parent Teacher Conference Week we opened up a parent survey in both Spanish and English.  Even though the survey was posted outside classrooms, on our website/Facebook/Twitter pages, and with QR Codes, only 35 parents respond.  Yet, this was double the parent feedback from last year, so we are thrilled with increased feedback.  As promised, I am sharing those results with our Sonora Family. 
 
The results were divided by grade level responses as follows:
 
 
When both English and Spanish results were compiled the results were definitely something to be pleased with in our 2nd year!


Of course, my goal would be for areas of agreement to be 90% and above.  With that goal in mind, we need:
  • to continue communicating our vision and mission to "Innovate to Educate"!
  • communicate most with parents when student have been rewarded for achievements and behavior.
  • ensure we invite every parent as they enter Sonora, whether to have a meeting or at our after school events.
  • create a survey for our students to get feedback.
We do appreciate the comments we received from this survey:

  • Go Sonora!!!!
  • When going into the office to check out/in my child I feel unnoticed and have to call attention to get someone to greet me.
  • Great school.  Great experience.
  • I think this school is great. And I am happy that my kids were able to start their schooling here at Sonora.
  • Thanks                 
  • I would like to say that I am very impressed with all the teachers and staff that I have had the pleasure to work with.  My child's growth from the beginning of the year until now has been tremendous and that is all thanks to the teachers and staff.  The only suggestion I have is that sometimes I feel there is a lack of communication for special events in a timely manner; things are communicated but sometimes not early enough to plan time away from work.  Thanks to everyone for all they do!!
  • Just a little better communication when the child is in trouble or just having trouble at school. Sometimes the only time I know my son has been in trouble is because he tells me not the teacher.
  • Everything is always clean and organized.
  • I agree with everything. I like how my daughter is learning and getting the right education.
We do take your feedback seriously.  As of today, I am working on setting up another form of communication through texting.  I will be sending home a note for you to sign up.  In the mean time, please follow us on Facebook (Sonora Elementary, Sonora Elementary PTA, and EAST at Sonora Elementary), Twitter (@SonoraScholar), and our webpage (http://springdalese.sharpschool.net/). We also send all notes home in Tuesday folders two weeks in advance, with a reminder to follow the next week.  Finally, I am working over the next two days to create a text announcement system that parents can sign up to follow for updates and announcements.  The sign up papers will go home in the Tuesday folders.  Please help us to spread the word!  We want our families fully informed of all activities, as well as their child's progress.
 
Thank you for sharing your child with us each and every day!  We love seeing them mature and grow academically and socially. 
 
At Sonora, we "innovate to educate!"
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment